Thursday 29 September 2016

Why did I choose To Pursue Medical Education?

Medical education
Choosing the career field is tough mostly because you know you will have to stick to it for nearly your entire life. Of course, you can change it if you desire but the whole process is tough and few people do it. Don’t forget the time you waste while changing your career field. I knew all of it, and I also knew I couldn’t afford to change it just like that. I had to stick with whatever I chose and make a good life out of it.
In the end, I chose medical education. I knew it was tough to get in. The competition is fierce whether you consider India or any other country that offers good medical education. I knew I would not only have to pass several exams but also ace in those competitive exams.
I also knew the kind of life you can expect when you study medicine. You will need to be hyperactive for your entire life and consume new information like you consume Oxygen. I knew the kind of professional difficulties I will have to face during my study as well as during my work life.
And more than all of that, I knew I would be in massive debt once I finish my medical education. I will have the burden of paying off a big loan. But still, I chose it. Why?
The first issue was the competition. It is not easy to get into a medical school, but it’s not impossible either. I could either try getting in an Indian medical school or try an easier but the equally promising way and get into a Caribbean medical school. I chose the Caribbean medical school because I had longed for settling into the United States after my education ended. Caribbean medical schools take you by your school scores rather than by the overly competitive exams.
Next was the industry specific skills. I have always been a learner so accepting the fact that I will have to be a learner for my entire life was good to me. I have also been a hard working kid during my life until then. What I required were team skills and patience. Here’s the best part about it – when you go to a medical school, you’re not only taught about medicine but also about such skills that are crucial for a good career. There are clinical rotations that begin by the end of the second year through which you can learn practical experience you require to be a doctor.
It wasn’t tough to get the loan issue sorted as one, the school I chose was relatively cheaper than other schools I needed to get in for the kind of education I wanted. And then, if I do practice in U.S., paying off a debt in Indian Rupees is incredibly comfortable.
So, that’s why I chose to pursue medical education while overcoming all the major issues I or anyone like me faces while making such a choice. You should check out what an excellent life you can have and how you can have it on AUSOM website. They make a doctor out of a student. Be one!

No comments:

Post a Comment